Frequently Asked QuestionsSellThatHouseNow.com
Q: ARE YOU LICENSED REAL ESTATE AGENTS?
A: No, we are real estate investors.
Real estate agents look to list your property on the MLS and will charge you to sell it. They also can not determine when or for how much your property will sell for nor can they guarantee the property will even sell! Using a real estate agent usually adds a substantial amount of time and money to the selling process.
SellThatHouseNow.com, on the other hand, will make the selling process easy! You will know how much you are getting, an exact closing date and will not incur any fees from the sale of your property.
Q: WILL YOU BE LISTING MY PROPERTY ON THE MLS OR ACTUALLY BUYING IT?
Q: DO YOU PAY RETAIL PRICES FOR HOMES?
A: We will make a fair cash offer on your property based on its current condition, which will not result in retail pricing. Although, many times our offer is about equal to what you would “net” from selling the property retail.
When selling a property retail you must understand that you will not get the full retail price. There are many factors and fees that take away from the money that actually goes in your pocket, such as:
- Realtor’s commission, usually 6% of sales price
- Costs of repairs needed to get the property market ready
- Buyers closing cost, it is a common practice for buyers to ask the sellers to help in paying a portion of their closing costs, usually 3%
- Additional repairs after inspections, there are always additional repairs that are asked to be made, even on homes that have been fully rehabilitated
- Holding costs, these are the payments you will be making while you are waiting for the property to sell, they include: mortgage payments, HOA dues, insurance payments, property taxes, utility payments, security systems and lawn maintenance to name a few. These holding costs can quickly amount to a large sum of money when waiting to sell a home.
- Time! This is the most expensive payment of all, you must dedicate your precious time to all of these tasks that you’ll never get back. Driving back and forth to the property, managing contractors, being present for inspections, keeping the property secure and looking its best, etc. Sometimes you have to ask yourself, “Is it worth it?”
All in all, once you take a look at your bottom line, most people come to realize they are better off just selling the property “as-is”, instead of divulging a sizable amount of time, money and energy into property.
Q: HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THE PRICE TO OFFER ON MY PROPERTY?
A: Good question. There are several factors that go into determining the offer we will make on your property, the most important ones are:
- Location: we examine the neighborhood and surrounding areas
- Current Condition: we inspect the property to assess the amount of repairs needed
- Comparables: we search for recent sales of nearby properties to better determine what the retail value of the property will be
Q: WHAT IF I AM BEHIND ON MY MORTGAGE?
A: If you are late on payments or facing foreclosure please reach out to us immediately.
We are extremely well versed in dealing with homeowners facing these types of issues and can lead you in the direction that is best for you! We will speak with you to get the facts on your situation and give you the best solutions possible to your problems, even if it does not lead to us buying your property. We are dedicated to helping you make the best choice!
Q: HOW FAST CAN YOU CLOSE?
Q: DO YOU BUY HOUSES THAT NEED MAJOR REPAIRS?
Q: WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOU SAY YOU PAY CASH?
Q: WHERE WILL THE CLOSING TAKE PLACE?
A: The closing will take place with our local title company. We have an experienced staff that is well versed with how we operate and ready to assist us through the closing process.
Do You Need To Sell Your House in Memphis?Even if an agent can’t sell your house, we can help. (Sometimes selling a house through a real estate agent is not for everyone.)
How It Works
After we receive your information, we’ll schedule a time that’s right for you, to come view your house.
In less than 24 hours after our appointment, we’ll send you a written offer.
Once an offer is accepted, we will schedule a day that is comfortable for you to close on the property.